Contemporary Topics For Your Nursing Research Paper
Nursing research papers can be completed on a wide selection of topics. It helps to think about your interests and reasons for why you decided to enter this field. Consider previous research papers about potential topics and get an understanding of what you may want to discuss in your own paper. Sometimes you may be inspired based on current event, ongoing health issues, or areas of concern that may not get as much attention as it should. In many cases you should pay attention to your interests and what you are willing to research about. The following ideas may lead to something more solid to suit personal interests.
- Nursing and its role in the health care profession. Do you feel it is more or less significant than a doctor’s role? Think about the scope of practice and how you feel it has made major or insignificant strides in health care.
- What are things you would change or require as far as nursing is concerned? This may depend on the type of nurse you want to review or educational requirements as a whole. Maybe you feel there are certain areas a nurse should get more training in or you feel they should less than the usual.
- How has technology played a role for nursing professionals? Over the years many health practices are changing the way they keep health records of their patients with digital charts. You have other technology aspects to consider as well such as certifications needed for using certain types of equipment.
- Patient care and how it is provided. Are there aspects you would want to see changed or improved? Do you feel nurses are too involved in care given to patients and feel doctors may not do enough?
- Nurse and doctor relationship. How important do you feel about the work relationship the doctor and nurse should have as far as helping patients, caring out procedures, and ensuring proper care is given? Maybe you feel nurses play a better role than doctors do in certain aspects of health care depending on the issue at hand or type of health care facility.
- Workplace safety aspects for nurses. What do you feel are good or bad practices and where would you be open for improvements? Do you feel state and federal standards in place help reduce or increase potential health dangers nurses are exposed to?