Causes of Obesity
Obesity continues to become a problem in the United States, and it is an issue that must be addressed as a society as a whole. Obesity affects the individual carrying the extra weight around, of course, but it also affects society as it is left up to the government and other health care facilities to address these issues and treat them, thus costing tax payers and the government money. Currently there are talks underway of how to combat obesity and its every increasing rising, and one of the ways to help combat the disease is to look at the causes of obesity.
Causes of Obesity
There are many things that can cause a person to become overweight and obese. Some of those causes include:
- Genetics: Sometimes a person is pre-deposited to be bigger than the average person. If your parents were heavy there are good chances that you will be, too.
- A Lack of Energy: A lack of energy can be caused by eating the wrong foods and not getting the vitamins and nutrients the body depends on to keep it healthy. When this occurs a lack of energy is felt which means less exercise, less physical activity and more weight gain.
- Emotional Disorders; some people eat to find relief or to help them deal with emotions or other types of feelings. They eat to hide hurt, pain, a low self-esteem and other issues.
- A Lack of Exercise: As back to the loss of energy, a lack of exercise will also cause an individual to gain weight.
- Health Conditions: Sometimes it is a health condition that causes the weight to come on so quickly. A doctor can determine what is going on.
What to do about Obesity
The first thing that a person can do is to take control over their life. It is obvious to see when weight is being put on, and it is up to the individual to recognize this and devote themselves to making changes. See a doctor and talk to family and friends for support, and then begin making the changes.
Obesity is caused by a number of different factors. Regardless of what causes obesity it is a serious problem that seems to be increasing on a daily basis. It is up to everyone to put an end to obesity and the extra toll that it is taking on the lives of US citizens and the purses of taxpayers.