Ten Great Argumentative Essay Topics in Education
An argumentative essay needs to be based on fact, not just based on emotion. An argument is only as good as the support that backs it up. You will probably need to use several sources and you will need to use a reliable and credible database(s). You will need to write in third person and to have a Works Cited page. When if comes to time for you to pick your topic in education class, use the list (below) to help you.
- Argue the advantages of home schooling to traditional schooling. Find case studies and use them as support.
- Discuss whether Ipad classrooms are good or are bad. Use studies and statistics for support.
- Discuss whether college athletes should be paid or not. Make sure to mention specific advantages or drawbacks.
- Argue as to whether remedial classes should be offered in college. Make sure to use a lot of solid statistics.
- Explore whether Standards should dictate curriculum in secondary schools. Make sure to name some of the standards.
- Explore if students should complete community service hours as a requirement to graduation. Mention how many you think would be an acceptable number.
- Write about whether a run-in with the law should impact a student’s academic world. If you think the child should be punished at school, discuss possible punishments.
- Write a paper about what the plagiarism consequences should be if a student is caught cheating in that way. Make sure to define plagiarism. Look at education magazines for stories on the subject.
- Explore and write about the theory that young people should start school earlier than usual. Make sure to discuss studies and exact times.
- Write an argumentative paper on whether high school life-skills classes should be required for every child. Make sure to mention the specific classes and what benefits those classes would give students.
The education system is fluid. New tests, methodology, classes, ideas and concepts happen every single day in the world of education. Additionally, school is not always taking place in the classroom. It also takes place on the fields, in the stage, and actually in the community. There are thousands of interesting and intriguing topics to select from for your argumentative Education paper. If you get stuck when selecting your topic, use this list to help inspire you.